Thursday, December 18, 2014

Holiday interview with Darlene Fredette

1. Do you have a family Christmas tradition? 
My daughter and I decorate the house and tree together. She makes Pina Clintadas (non-alcoholic) and we listen to Christmas carols. I look forward to this tradition every year.

2. What is your favorite Christmas memory? 
My dad sat in the big chair while we opened presents, he had a garbage bag and we threw all the paper to him. One year, instead of tossing the bows from the presents to him, we placed them on his head. He wore a large and colorful crown by the time we were done. My dad passed away two years ago, so this memory holds a special place in my heart.

3. What are you looking forward to about Christmas? 
Seeing the smile on my family’s face when they open their presents. And the French Vanilla hot chocolate that I hope Santa brings for me, lol.

4. Do you decorate the outside of your house at Christmas? 
We always decorate a bit outside. This year we put lights on the big spruce tree in front of the house. I had to stand on the highest step on the ladder, but I still couldn't reach the top, so hubby took over. I think there’s twelve sets of red lights on the tree. It’s beautiful.

5. What type of decorations do you put on your tree? 
We actually decorate two trees. The main one in the living room is decorated with silver and red ornaments and white lights. The smaller tree that goes in the dining room has multi-coloured lights and the ornaments we've saved over the years.

6. What are some of your favourite Christmas songs? 
My Elvis Christmas CD is my absolute favourite. Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me and Blue Christmas are tops on my list.

7. What is your favourite Christmas movie? 
It’s a Wonderful Life. We watch it every year.

8. What’s on your Christmas menu? 
We’re still deciding on chicken or roast. We’re not the typical ‘turkey for Christmas’ family. But you can be sure there’s a home-made apple pie for dessert!

Tell us a little about yourself. 

An avid reader since childhood, Darlene loved to put a pencil to paper and plot out stories of her own. She writes heartwarming contemporary romances with a focus on plot-driven page-turners. When Darlene isn’t writing, editing, or reading, she enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter, and Yellow Lab.
http://findingthewritewords.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/DarleneLF
https://twitter.com/DarleneLF

No comments:

Post a Comment