Thursday, December 11, 2014

Holiday Interview with Stacy Dawn

1. Do you have a family Christmas tradition?
We have a number of family traditions around Christmastime, but the most special to me is the one I still share with my sister. Started back when we first set out in the world on our own and shared a townhouse, we always gave each other a small stocking filled with goofy stuff and a special gift. Even now, decades later, families of our own grown and growing, we still share our special gifts. A few times we even got each other the exact same gift! Even in lean years, when we told each other that we just couldn’t afford it that year, come Christmas, there we would be surprised and laughing, holding out our little dollar store gift simply because we wanted to make sure the other got something special…because my sister is and will always be extra special to me.

2. What is your favorite Christmas memory?
When I was a little girl, our neighbours would all get together and go carolling. One night when we were done and having hot chocolate on the front lawn, I swear I heard bells and looked up and saw a sleigh pass overhead.

3. What are you looking forward to about Christmas?
Time to just sit back and enjoy the time with family and friends.

4. Do you decorate the outside of your house at Christmas? 
We put up lights on the house and tree, and I have an old wooden cow at the end of the driveway that I decorate up every year in fun ways.

5. What type of decorations do you put on your tree? 
Most are special ornaments—every year we try to find something special for each other that reflect the past year so as we put them on we can reminisce or laugh about it (my now eleven year old is totally flustered every time we put up the Dora ornament, but that is what he was fanatic about when he was two, so it stays up LOL.)

6. What are some of your favourite Christmas songs? 
“White Christmas,” “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” “Baby, It’s Cold Outside,” “Let it Snow”….I could go on and on. I really like Kelly Clarkson’s Christmas album she released last year and the single “Wrapped in Red.” And this year I’ve taken up the ukulele as a fun hobby just for me, so I’m practicing “Mele Kalikamaka” because I’ve always loved Bing Crosbie’s version.

7. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
Hands down, White Christmas. A must see every year!

8. What’s on your Christmas menu? 
The usual, turkey dinner, including whatever Christmas baking I can fit in. Cinnamon sugar cooks, bird nests cookies, peanut butter balls and frog macaroons are must haves on the list. Oh, and of course chocolate chip cookies to put out for Santa on Christmas Eve.

Tell us a little about yourself.
When her friends and peers in high school were planning on being doctors, lawyers, accountants and corporate raiders, Stacy Dawn simply wanted to get married, have children and be a romance writer. Today, having achieved three out of three, she continues to write and has added an editing career to her list.
www.stacydawn.com
www.stacydholmes.com
www.facebook.com/StacyDHolmesEd
Twitter: @StacyDHolmesEd

2 comments:

  1. HI Stacy: Nice interview. Sounds like you have a whole tree-full of great memories. My sister is a special person in my life too.

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. Great interview. I would love to see a photo of the cow some day.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete