Tuesday, November 24, 2015

In The Spotlight with Nancy Fraser

Tell us a little about yourself.
I began writing romance way back in the mid-1990s and published my first book in 1996. Unfortunately life intervened and it took me until 2007 to publish another. My 25th romance was published in July, 2015. I’ve had a busy eight years. I currently live in Oromocto, New Brunswick. Retired from the outside work-world, I enjoy the luxury of being able to write full time…when not distracted by friends or family.

Please share an enticing tag line of your current work with us.
Will being snowbound with a handsome Scot turn into one of many Kilty Pleasures?

If your book were made into a movie, who would you want to play your main characters? 
Definitely Matt Bomer for the hero. I love his dark looks. As for the heroine, auditions are still ongoing.

How do you come up with the titles of your books? 
They usually come from the same weird imagination that fuels the book itself. I’ve been fortunate that most of my titles are kept by my publishers. And, those that have changed have almost always been for the better. I try to match the title with some aspect of the story. My current work-in-progress features a female Pinkerton’s agent and a rancher fighting small town corruption while trying to build his ranch. The title: Truth, Justice and the Cowboy Way.

What does your writing space look like? 
Shortly after I retired I did something I’d always dreamed of … I moved to a bigger condo and converted a bedroom into a full time office. My desk sits in the very middle. One wall is a large closet that’s converted into a supply and file area, one wall is window, one wall is book shelves and inspirational artwork and the final wall is my “wall of pride” and showcases all my book covers. It’s my own little piece of heaven! 

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing? 
First and foremost, spending time with my five grandchildren. I also love to travel and have taken a real liking to Las Vegas. I’d never been until early 2014 but I’ve been back three times since and am going again in October.

What books might we find on your bedside table? 
Actually, it’s my couch-side table. I’m probably one of the few people who doesn’t read in bed. At the moment, the space is filled with pre-school storybooks for my grandson. However, there is one book there on Renaissance England that has filmy picture overlays. My grandson loves to “build” the castle by turning one page over the other. When I do read a fiction book, it’s usually to do a review. Since I’m also one of the few who doesn’t own an e-reader, I read on my Kindle for PC app on my computer or good, old-fashion hard copy.

Fast Five
What is your favourite color? Red (as long as it’s not “tomato red”)
What is your favourite season? Summer (not that I get a lot of it)
What is your favourite movie? While You Were Sleeping
What is your favourite song? Without a doubt it would have to be How Great Thou Art (Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill version) – I could listen to this song every day of my life. It was also my mother’s favorite gospel hymn and when I hear it, I’m reminded of her.

What is your favourite comfort clothing attire? Pajamas for around the house; jeans and a lightweight t-shirt when I’m out.

Describe yourself in three words. Devoted, creative, patient

Nancy Fraser

Home is Where the Hunk Is
http://www.amazon.com/Home-Where-Hunk-Nancy-Fraser-ebook/dp/B00OPJECVU/

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to get to know you better, Nancy! Love the idea of a 'wall of pride'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I aspired toward having again a dedicated writing space like yours, Nancy. Since returning to California in 2012, I had to give up my writing room. The wall of pride is a great reminder of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful tag line. Yes, we should all have a wall of pride.

    ReplyDelete