Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Spending the Holidays with Darlene

1. Do you have a family Christmas tradition? 
My daughter and I decorate the house and tree together. We rock-out to Christmas CDs while decorating. I look forward to this tradition every year.

2. What is your favorite Christmas memory? 
A few years ago, the whole family gathered together for Christmas supper at my brother’s. This was the last Christmas spent with my dad sitting at the head of the table. I hold the memory close to my heart.

3. What are you looking forward to about Christmas? 
Quiet family time.

4. Do you decorate the outside of your house at Christmas? 
We always decorate a bit outside. This year we put lights on the big fir tree in front of the house. I think there are twelve sets of red lights on the tree. It’s beautiful.

5. What type of decorations do you put on your tree? 
We actually decorate three trees. The main one in the living room is decorated with silver/clear/glass and red decorations and white lights. A shorter tree goes in the dining room with multi-coloured lights and the ornaments we gathered over the years. Then, a mini tree my daughter decorates with mini ornaments and goes on a tiny table in the hallway.

6. What are some of your favourite Christmas songs? 
My Elvis Christmas CD is my absolute favourite. Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me and Blue Christmas are top on my list. I also enjoy the songs on Michael Buble’s Christmas CD I got last year.

7. What is your favourite Christmas movie? 
It’s a Wonderful Life. We watch it every year.

8. What’s on your Christmas menu? 
We’re not the typical ‘turkey for Christmas’ family. We usually have roast beef, but this year I’m roasting chicken breasts in the oven. I tried this recipe at Thanksgiving and my family loved it, so I’m hoping they turn out as delicious again. And there’s always home-made apple pie for dessert!

Tell us a little about yourself. 
An avid reader since childhood, Darlene loved to put a pencil to paper and plot out stories of her own. She writes heartwarming contemporary romances with a focus on plot-driven page-turners. When Darlene isn’t writing, editing, or reading, she enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter, and Yellow Lab.

http://findingthewritewords.blogspot.com

     Britt may be Hershey’s choice, but can the boisterous Labrador convince his owner?
     Engineer Ryan Jerome has a knack for designing the future but can’t create one for himself. When Ryan lets his dog, Hershey, take the lead, going to the park is never the same. Unintentional meetings, a soiled coat, and a meddling mother are a few of the obstacles in his way of convincing Britt he’s not a stalker. Will he accept his dog’s direction and open his heart to the beautiful woman with a side of crazy?
    Ruined weddings, divorced parents, and disastrous relationships have left event planner Britt Wells a non-believer in happy-ever-after. She’s readying for a future in interior design with one last wedding to oversee. Complications arise when she learns a suspected stalker and owner of an unruly dog is related to her client. Falling for Ryan and Hershey were not part of the plan. Can she put aside her doubts in relationships and take a chance on love?

The Wild Rose Press: http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195&products_id=6538
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-Choice-Choices-Darlene-Fredette-ebook/dp/B017OCROO6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1447424557&sr=1-1
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hersheys-choice-darlene-fredette/1122885736?ean=2940151162951

4 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene: your house sounds like a beautiful Christmas wonderland. Wishing you all the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such dedication to create three trees. Since we now live in a natural forest and visit family during the week before Christmas, we only put out lights outdoors. At some point, we'll decorate again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gini and Linda for stopping by! My daughter loves to decorate as much as her mom, so we have lots of fun making the house look Christmasy. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the the way you do your trees. That's funny because my family isn't big on turkey either, or rather every else. I love it and only do it up at Christmas LOL

    ReplyDelete