Tuesday, March 15, 2016

In The Cafe with Daryl Devore

Welcome to the cafe! With us today is Daryl Devore.
Daryl already ordered her favourite drink...diet coka, so let's grab a drink and join her in those comfy chairs by the fireplace.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I was born and raised in Windsor Ontario, lived in Newfoundland for a while and now I reside in Eastern Ontario, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by trees and farm land, in a 180 yr old farm house. I've been married 33 wonderful years and our daughter has grown and flown the nest. She is now a teacher in North Carolina.
...can I just add, that having existed in the US writer's world for such a long time that "U" in favourite looks fantastic!!

Please share an enticing tag line of your current work with us.
From my latest – erotic contemporary – FL.E.S.H. When secrets conflict with dreams, love explodes.

If your book were made into a movie, who would you want to play your main characters?
Lol – I've typed and deleted four names – think I'll settle on Johnny Depp just because I'd have to go to the set and direct him on how he should play Peyton Lang. As for Fuchsia Quinn, it has to be Natalie Portman, because Fuchsia is a trained ballerina.

How do you come up with the titles of your books?
I don't. I'm horrid at it. I currently have 2 books titled – Book With No Name and Book With No Name 2 – because it's a sequel. I ended up titling another book – A Guy and A Girl because I used that as the working title and it just grew on me.
 
What does your writing space look like?
A big comfy chair, next to a window overlooking a hay field. At my feet is a wonderful wood stove that heats up the room all bitter winter long. There is usually a glass filled with Diet Coke next to me and quite often some chocolate. I write on my laptop. When summer rolls in, I move to my front deck, which is surrounded by flowers.

What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?
Gardening. Yoga. Belly dance.

What books might we find on your bedside table?
Probably nothing. Most of my reading is on my laptop, doing betas or critiques. If I feel the need to read an actual book, odds are it will be an Agatha Christie or a Dorothy L Sayers. I have all of their works.

Fast Five
What is your favourite color? Purple
What is your favourite season? Summer
What is your favourite movie? The Bird Cage
What is your favourite song? Beethoven's Piano Sonata # 14 (Moonlight Sonata)
What is your favourite comfort clothing attire? Blue Jeans

Describe yourself in three words.
Really really laid-back.

http://myeroticnotions.blogspot.com

FL. E. S. H. 
Flame's Electrifying Sexy Heat 
     When secrets conflict with dreams, love explodes. 
     After a mistake by a surgeon’s scalpel shattered Fuchsia Quinn's dance career, she picked up the pieces of her life and moved forward. As the owner of a small, struggling dance school in a depressed neighborhood she supplements her income with a late night job at a dive bar. Haunted by the fear of humiliation, if her secret is revealed, her life was under control until the night he walked into the bar. 
     Peyton Lang, having run from a bad neighborhood, lives the lifestyle of a successful billionaire. Frustrated that his current multi-million dollar project is stalled, Peyton drops in to LEATHER-ICIOUS for a simple drink and late night entertainment. What he saw was a beautiful redhead. What he found was he wanted her. 
    After a lusty night with a hot pole dancer, Peyton and Fuchsia's worlds are about to collide. 

http://www.amazon.com/FLESH-Flames-Electrifying-Billionaire-Story-ebook/dp/B00UY6M7VK/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. lol - some of you might get the joke.

      Delete
  2. HI Daryl: Got my diet-coke right here too! Your solitude and closeness to nature sound wonderful. Great hook on the intriguing excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Actually as I am typing this a herd of deer on on my side field.

      Delete
  3. I here you about coming up with book titles. I struggle with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so difficult to do and I'm always sure they are never good enough.

      Delete
  4. Do you ever see Bigfoot out in your wilderness, or do the giant moose keep the bigfeet away? Seriously, Canadian moose are huge! I have no trouble making titles. I make titles and book covers for books I've yet to write. And your book with a beautiful cover, Flesh, looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Bigfoot, but yes on the moose. The bulls are quite massive. It's a good thing you have no trouble with titles with the number of books you've published.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for letting me stop by and take over the blog today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And can I just add - Book With No Name - now has a name and is about to be sent to the publisher. It's called - What Happens in Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Bird Cage! LOL Was that your inspiration for What Happens in Bangkok? Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who can't come up with titles. It's wonderful to get to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should start a "i can't come up with titles" club.

      Delete
  9. Loved the interview and I would love to have your summer porch surrounded by flowers :) so are you concocting ways to get titles so you can publish your books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No concocting - I just ask writer friends for help :-)

      Delete
  10. Loved the interview and I would love to have your summer porch surrounded by flowers :) so are you concocting ways to get titles so you can publish your books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty awesome around the deck - a lot of work - bit it is gorgeous.

      Delete